THE MICHIGAN JOURNALISM HALL OF FAME
The Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame recognizes reporters, editors, publishers, owners, photographers, broadcasters, educators, and others who have made outstanding contributions to the profession. The Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame was established to recognize those who have advanced the legacy of a free and responsible press and who have inspired others to improve the quality of the profession.
It acknowledges the service and dedication of individuals whose distinguished contributions to the profession in their communities, regions or the state have earned them a place in the Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame. Induction memorializes extraordinary and clearly outstanding careers. From its beginnings in 1952 by the Newspaper Hall of Fame, the Journalism Hall of Fame has continued the tradition of honoring journalists since 1985.
The 2018 Hall of Fame banquet will be held on April 15, 2018.
Congratulations to the 2017 Inductees:
- Patricia Anstett
- Stephen Cain
- John Gallagher
- David Gilkey
- Mary Kramer
- Professional Advisory Council of the Michigan State University School of Journalism
- Michigan Press Association
- School of Journalism, Michigan State University
- Asian American Journalists Association
- Association of Women in Communications
- Detroit Press Club
- Department of Journalism, Central Michigan University
- Detroit Chapter of the National Association of Black Journalists
- Detroit Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists
- Individual Communicators Network
- Journalism Program, Wayne State University
- Michigan Association of Broadcasters
- Michigan Interscholastic Press Association
- Michigan Press Association Foundation
- Michigan Press Photographers Association
- Mid-Michigan Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists
- National Press Photographers Association
If your non-profit journalism organization is interested in being a sponsor,
please call the School of Journalism, MSU 517.353.6431.